Grand Slam 250 & 350 Top Mounts
Grand Slam 250 & 350 outrigger mounts work easily while standing
at the console. A pull down lever swings the outriggers into position.
The Grand Slam 250 & 350 can be mounted through an existing
plate or to a newly installed plate.
1. The existing plate must be at least 4-1/2” x 5-1/2” x 3/8”.
2. Drill a 3” center hole and 3/8” through bolt holes.
If new mounting plates are needed
, TACO has two types of
plates. Both plates are pre-drilled for Grand Slam installation:
1. TACO’s specially designed aluminum plate with mounting clamps
has been designed to enable the easiest installation (GSE-1002-1).
2. The second option is TACO’s weld on
mounting plate (GSE-1939BLS30-1 or
When installing the Grand Slam through the canvas:
1. Simply cut an “X” over the 3” hole.
2. Install and bolt down the Grand Slam then trim off the excess canvas.
When installing a Grand Slam through a hard top frame:
1. TACO backing plates should be used for extra support.
2. When mounting through a core or foam filled top, spacers should be
used in the bolt holes to prevent compression of the top when bolting.
TACO does not recommend mounting to a hard top that is hollow, contact
the boat manufacturer if the structural integrity of the top is questionable.
3. The maximum thickness allowable for the hard top is 2-7/8” for the GS-
250 model. The GS-350 is available in a hard top version which is 1-3/4” longer than the soft top
model. Special configurations of the Grand Slam for unusual mounting, including a bent handle,
HANDY HANKS’ TIP:
For the GS-250A the center of the 3" hole should be at least 7-1/2" from the tubing
of the canvas top frame, or any other object that may come in contact with the handle. For the GS-350
the center of the 3" hole should be at least 10" from the tubing of the canvas top frame, or any other
object that may come in contact with the handle. Wedge plates are also available in 7 degree, 9 degree,
and 11 degree for tops that have an arch.
For convenience purposes, a template is available online at tacomarine.com to assist in the installation process.
Sport Slam Top Mounts
The affordable Sport Slam is easy to install and
use. A simple pull of the button swings the outrigger
into fishing positions and also features a lay down
arm for bridges and storage. The Sport Slam can be
mounted through an existing Grand Slam plate; a hard top
that is a minimum 1/4” thick and is 4-1/2” in width and 5-1/2”
in length; or on a TACO Clamp-On mounting plate. The Sport
Slam only requires drilling the 4 bolt holes and uses 5/16” bolt,
nut and washer.